Check this page frequently for updates on upcoming guild-sponsored workshops, classes, and trips. IMPORTANT: Please review the full reservation/cancellation policy statement at the very bottom of this page, below any posts about upcoming events.
Workshop with Debby Kratovil -- Saturday, May 19, 2018
Reserve your seat for the workshop by paying $42.50 by the March 19th guild meeting. Make your check out to MLQG and send it to Tess McC. or give it to her at the March meeting. Check your roster or March newsletter for Tess's contact info.
Mountain Laurel Quilt Guild Class and Trip Reservation Policy
Purpose: This policy is intended to clarify the rights and responsibilities of members who reserve a place in a Guild sponsored class, retreat, or trip for which there is a fee. Such fees are based on the cost to the Guild for the event and are contingent on the number of participants.
For instance, a class fee would be computed by dividing the teacher’s fee by the maximum number of participants. A retreat fee would be based on sleeping accommodations requested in the contract with the host site. A bus trip fee might be $40 each for 40 participants but go to $50 each with only 25 participants. In each case, the Guild must cover the full cost with the fees paid by participating members rather than out of the general fund. Event planners are encouraged to set fees at a level that slightly exceeds costs in order to cover unforeseen issues.
- When a trip or class with a fee is announced to the membership, members are invited to reserve a place for this event. This is done by signing a list passed at a meeting, filling out a registration form, or calling the appropriate event chair. A wait list is also started when the event list is filled.
- The fee required for the event is noted at the registration time. Time frame for payment of required fees is stated at this time. This will include a deposit of 50% of the total cost. Final payment will be due at least one week before the event. Some events may require full payment as much as one month ahead. Fees may be scheduled to be paid in segments with separate due dates.
- It is each member’s responsibility to pay the required fee by the stated date. If a member does not pay the required fee by the stated time, she will be notified by the event chair, her participation in the event will be cancelled, and her name removed from the list.
- If a member cancels prior to the final payment date, any deposit paid for the event may be returned to the member. The next person on the wait list is then invited to participate and must pay for the event prior to the final payment date.
- If a member needs to cancel her participation after the final payment date, she must contact the event chair. If a person can be found to take her place and the new person’s fee is received, the event chair may authorize the treasurer to refund the cancelling member’s paid fees. If there is no waiting list for the event, or if no one can be located to fill the available slot, the member’s fees will not be refunded. At this time the Guild has committed Guild funds to support the event at the participation level planned. To refund fees after the final due date would cause the whole Guild membership to pay for a member whose plans changed.
- In the event that this policy causes a hardship to the member whose fees are not returned, the member may appeal the decision, in writing, to the Guild Board of Directors which will consider the matter at its next meeting. The decision of the Board will be final.