Did you know that your membership in Mountain Laurel Quilt Guild also makes you a member of Quilter's Consortium of New York State?
"Well," you may say, "That's interesting but what does it mean to me?"
A membership in the Quilter's Consortium of New York State allows you to take part in the following:
- Quilter's Travel Club Passport -
Travel Club Passports encourage quilters to attend the many wonderful quilt shows that are held throughout the State of New York. The Passport booklet is approximately 20-25 pages and includes quilt business ads, shop hops and great prizes.
- Quilt Challenge -
Annual, themed, quilt challenge with the finalists' quilts traveling to member quilt shows for two years throughout NYS.
- Quarterly Meetings -
QCNYS quarterly meetings at various locations around NYS to conduct business, share ideas, and provide networking for members.
- Award of Excellence -
Awarded at Quilt Shows in the Passport to the best-of0show and exhibited at the biannual Best of New York Quilt Show.
- Scholarships and Grants -
Annual educational scholarships to promote the art of quilting. Annual grants to guilds for support of community service projects.
- Best of NYS Quilt Show - Biannual quilt show featuring the Award of Excellence quilts, special exhibits, hostess guild quilts, and a great Quilt Market of quilters' goodies.
- Quilter's Retreat - Our annual retreat of quilters from across the state of New York! A great time with new and old friends, fun, food, and fabric. Bring a project that you want to work on and spend your time creating.
- Quilter's Connections - Quilt teachers and businesses enjoy this opportunity to share their class information and schedules with quilters and guilds. They also share quilt tips, techniques, tolls, and goodies! Watch for Quilter's Market in 2022.
Our MLQG president strongly encourages our members to take advantage of these wonderful opportunities. Please share any of your experiences of using this benefit with a guild officer or at a guild meeting.
* Explanations shamelessly taken as direct quotes from the QCNYS website.