BIG NEWS- Entry deadline extended to July 31st.
Please enter your treasured quilts so we can see the beauty resulting from your hard work.
The excitement is growing for our upcoming Exhibit. Here are the rules. You can find the link to the entry form on the 2022 Exhibit link here on the blog. Please get them to Brenda by
June 30th. Remember, you can always remove your entry, but after June 30th you cannot add an entry. 50 word (or less), descriptive paragraphs about your entry should be sent electronically to Brenda at firstname.lastname@example.org
MOUNTAIN LAUREL QUILT GUILD EXHIBIT 2022
Mountain Laurel Quilt Guild will host its annual quilt exhibit from September 2 to Sept 24, 2022 at the Gmeiner Art & Cultural Center. Opening reception is Friday, September 2 from 6 to 8PM. All members are encouraged to share their completed works.
You may enter as many categories as you wish, but space at the Center’s gallery will determine how many of your entries will be hung. Viewers’ Choice Ribbons will be awarded for first, second, third, and honorable mention in each category.
QUILT EXHIBIT RULES
1. Entrants must be current MLQG members as of the June 2022 meeting.
2. Entry must be exclusively the member’s own work except for professional machine or hand quilting.
3. Entry must have been completed since October 2018, and cannot have hung in a previous Gmeiner exhibit. It must be clean and in good condition.
4. Each entry must be a “quilt” (three layers either hand or machine quilted or tied). Commercially quilted fabrics may not be used in the construction of the quilt.
5. Each entry must have a 4" sleeve casing sewn to the top back of the quilt (exception: clothing or small miscellaneous items). A split sleeve helps balance quilt hanging. Include a dowel, labeled with the entrant’s name for all wall hangings, challenge pieces, miniatures.
6. You may enter as many categories as you wish, but space at the Center’s gallery will determine how many of your entries will be hung.
7. Each entry must have a label with the name of the quilt and name of the entrant securely attached to the back of the quilt.
Entry forms can be downloaded from the Guild blogsite: https://mountainlaurelquiltguild.blogspot.com/. Completed forms must be sent to: Brenda Abplanalp, 865 Cherry Flats Rd, Wellsboro, PA 16901 570-724-6411 by June 30, 2022.
Members wishing to offer their quilts for sale should indicate the asking price on the registration form. The Gmeiner will take 15% of the sale prices of those quilts sold.
Quilts must be delivered to the Gmeiner Monday Aug 29 and Tuesday Aug 30 from 12-6 PM. You will receive a receipt for your quilts when you deliver them.
are to be picked up at the Gmeiner side door on September 25 and 26,
2022 between 2 pm and 6 pm. Please bring your receipts with you!
For more information, contact: Sylvia Loveland or Tess McCarthy