We had a great time at the April meeting with 17 of us in attendance at the Tioga Masonic Lodge.
President Sylvia discussed the following items:
- A Board Meeting would be held on Saturday, April 24th at 10 AM. Board members may meet in person at Sylvia's home or through the Zoom meeting app.
- The status of our use of the Gmeiner Art and Cultural Center for our meetings. Due to current restrictions, only 20 people would be allowed in for a meeting. As we traditionally had more people than that before the virus hit, it has been decided that we will continue to meet at the Lodge in Tioga for the time being.
- Our raffle quilt is almost done. As soon as it is completed arrangements will be made to get it photographed and raffle tickets will be ordered.
- Possible procedures for our quilt show were discussed. At the moment, the most likely scenario is that the next quilt show will be held in 2022.
- Bumble Bags are still needed. Recently some students from Mansfield University helped fill the bags we have made with the items for the recipients. One of the students was heard to exclaim that the bags are, "So dope!" He stated he would like one to use for his own toiletries. 😀
Jan gave a treasurer's report and Mary discussed the picnic meeting that will be held in August at a pavilion at Ives Run Recreation Area. Kristin brought items for the monthly raffle which Nikki won. She chose a beautiful puzzle as her prize. Nikki gave a mini program on making reading pillows from 3 fat quarters. The directions for this can be found here: alltuckedinquilts.blogspot.com
Important note about membership cards. Since we did not collect money for dues for the 2021 calendar year, if you paid your dues for 2020, your membership is carried over for this year. The only dues collected for 2021 will be those for new members. If you use your membership card for discounts at fabric stores, you may just add the number 21 to your card for this year or request a new card. Membership cards for 2021 will only be issued on request.
Then it was time for SHOW AND TELL!!!!
|A watercolor quilt, be sure to click on this and see the large photo. It is spectacular!|
|This great quilt was a scrapbuster.|
|A wonderful example of paper piecing.|
|There is one less UFO in this quilter's pile.|
|Captain Goose had us all smiling.|
|3 more Bumble Bags completed from a yard of fabric and some scraps.|
The May 2021 monthly meeting will be held on TUESDAY, May 18th at 7:00 PM at the Tioga Masonic Hall, 9 Meadow Street in Tioga, PA 16930. (We had to move to Tuesday for this month only because another group has reserved the room during our regular Monday meeting time.)